One of only 44 RHD XK150 Roadsters delivered with the 3.4 “S” specification engine, featuring three HD8 carburettors, 9:1 compression ratio and improved inlet porting. Finished in its original Carmen Red with Red interior and Black hood it is even rarer and more desirable in light of its remarkable provenance and originality.
Constructed on March 10th 1959, this XK150 was dispatched ten days later via Henly’s of London to its first owner a Mr Harry Billig of Wroxham, Norfolk where it was registered 7228 AH. In addition to being a sought after “S” specification car, it also came with a factory-installed radio and the desirable Laycock de Normanville manual (not electric) overdrive transmission. The car remained with the Billig family for the next 56 years during which time it was lovingly maintained and only covered 20,643 miles before being acquired by JD Classics in 2015.
The low mileage and single family ownership have undoubtedly contributed to the car’s remarkable degree of preservation and accordingly it is presented today in delightfully original condition with matching numbers and original paint, trim and carpets. The car is also accompanied by its original UK registration, tool kit, buff log book, factory-issued guarantee, period tax discs, original service book and copies of a period road test by ‘The Motor’.
Prior to delivery, the car will benefit from a full service and mechanical inspection and offers its next owner an unrepeatable opportunity to acquire a time warp XK150 roadster that has the additional advantage of being an “S” model with the associated performance enhancements.
Please contact us for further details. SOLD